Sunday, October 23, 2005

Back to School

2005-09-06 00:58:43
Well I want to comment on camp but it will have to wait. Obviously the blog schedule didnt hold over the summer. But it's the night before classes, so let me talk about that briefly.

Wiht the addition of carpet and a new mattress my room in the Jones coop jumps from 'gross but livable because it's cheap and im counting it as an experience' to 'hey this could be a pretty cool room though its not a bad idea to keep some purell handy'.

Though I am dissapointed at not getting an internship with Disney this fall, as the Engineer who I would have been with switched departments, but not incredibly so. Going to UM for a semester is not such a bad thing, and its always easy to shut your complaining up by putting things in perspective. For example, EECS 281 vs Hurrican Katrina.

Now more used to the college lifestyle and knowing Ann Arbor, this has been my favorite welcome week, as it was the first I didn't dislike. But with Ari's shabbat meals, kelmo in town, and Justin's transplant of the game Balls to michigan, its been pretty good. Still I look forward to my classes as well as the box of 96 single-serving raisin bran bowls (jonah avert your eyes) I took from camp.

On the job front I've taken a part time job with Inner Circle Media on state st. doing whatever odd coding tasks they need. I am playing with the idea of getting a few hours at the new NYPD pizza too. I would love to get DreamTree Studios started on the Bar/Bat mitzvah route, but feel frustrated with the intial push/advertising.

Now that I've taken my own advice to my campers (writing 5 minutes the night before HS), we're done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home