Saturday, October 29, 2005

->

Well, that was the last time I'll wake up as a teenager. I'm still not thrilled about how quickly the time goes, but I'm ready, for the right reasons or maybe not, to let go of the title of teen. Because it is titles and claims, 'last times' and 'never haves' that I usually get stuck on. I was planning on a dvd night, but fortunately I went to the cabin and Andrew, having recently turned 20 himself, convinced me to go out, accept my decades for what they are, and I had a good time.

Over the last couple days I did have the good fortune to hear Al Sharpton and John Edwards speak on the diag. I barely caught the last couple sentences of Sharpton's 5 minute speech, that was part of a BAMN rally against the MCRI initiative (to end affirmative action, or mitigate it). Regardless of stance, I think BAMN really debased their argument by letting high school, and younger, students speak impromptu. There was a lot of swearing and unprofessionally, that gives the campaign a negative flavor. John Edwards is a clean lookin' 50 year old, who gave a great speech and had as large a crowd as I've seen on the diag. I found his ideas fairly impressive, but it's hard to disagree with eliminate poverty.

Thursday night our co-op flag football had our first game and won. I contributed very little to this, but it's still a fun way to spend time with housemates that doesn't require immense amounts of febreeze.

I have lots of programming to do for the 489 project, an app for the library to find and meetup with others studying the same thing, which I'm pretty excited about, and a 281 out of the box exercise project. Off to bbedit and xcode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home