Sunday, October 23, 2005

Desserts, Shows, and Desserts O My!

2005-06-08 16:54:45
Well, as expected my pace has significantly slowed since the first few days. I added some pics to the last couple posts. Including those with mom, the theater where they were filming 'the departed' and Jenny's graduation.

I have gotten a lot done at tribeca. Almost 45 tapes copied. During them I go get a snack or work on the RumuR website. The past couple days I've managed to work fast and get out around 11 or earlier for the day.

A lot to talk about, but won't go into detail here because Kirsty and I are out to dinner and then Phantom. Some highlights:

Brian and I took the subway uptown Saturday and checked out Grand Central, where we got free candy at a Germany Tourist exibit, and walked around in the part of the UN building open to the public. Couple of the pics on the left are from that walk.

I was very fortunate to see The Pillowman (with Brian) and 700 Sundays (and get BC's autogaph). This was last week. Both of which were fantastic. I think you don't really realize good acting until you see it. It seems like a lot of people just sort of accomplish the task, but Pillowman really impressed me with the way the actors really created characters. This was later reinforced at a show I saw last night.



Back up a bit... Kirsty and I, in an attempt to see Wicked while she was here (o, by the way Kirsty is visiting! we walked far into chinatown, and then down to battery park yesterday) entered our names in the WIcked lottery. There were over 100 people, and I wasn't expecting it at all when they called my name first for the lottery! It was very exciting, and a great 2.5 hours to the show anticipating the front row.

The show wa that much more impressive the second time. Every element is really at a very high level, the lighting, acting, music, constumes, sets. No one, even the small parts, ever missed a beat. They were in it, even when the attention was away from them.

Well being a student is swell. . . We were able to get discounted tickets to Phantom tonight, probably my last of the trip. It will be a little tough to leave, but I can't wait for camp. I made a couple small purchases at the Disney store today that will start the summer off right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home