Enter: The Hyperlink
2005-05-30 23:05:13
OK, slight hiatus there. Quick recap:
Wednesday, Tribeca as usual, as far as I can remember. After picking up a DVD for Rumur employee Dave, I took the subway to 79th and met Uncle Clark /Jenny for sushi. We arranged for the next day, and had tuna/mango and sweet potato rolls. Sounds slightly better than they were, but was great to have sushi. As those two headed to am play, I met (roommate) David at the entrance to Hairspray. We were in the back row! But moved at intermission. It was fun and upbeat, but not great.
Thursday, Dave (Pilot) gave me keys to the office and we layed out the 12 tapes I should copy while he headed out of town until Tues morning. A lot of trust in me soon, but I had no worries of finishing them in time. We usually meet at 9 (read 10, after he calls at 8:30 to ask if 10 is ok), and I knew i would be breaking that easily. In class I read my idea proposal and got feedback. It's a comedy, premiss: what if you came home unexpectedly and found your parents doing everything they ever told you not to. People seemed to like the premiss but pointed out some major problems...working
Madison Square Garden right after class, met Clark eventually out front, Shelly inside and saw Jenny's graduation. Faculty, and especially the TImberland CEO gave great speeches. Very funny....Grad followed by a fantastic dinner with the four of us at 'My Most Favorite Dessert Company'. Mostly the peanut butter moose (sp?) was the fantastic part!
Friday, In the office early, got a bunch of tapes done. Walk downtown to give Dave (Beilinson, w/Rumur) the DVD, but he wasn't there yet. Mom called as I was sitting in Battery park and I subwayed to the dorm, picked up her guest pass and went outside as she pulled up in a Cab. What followed for the next three days was a lot of walking.
First to times square, where we grabbed a quick sandwich and were very fortunate to get in the lottery line for Wicked and see the show that night. As long as I spent laboring over the Star wars disappointments I would probably spend complimenting this show. In the end story, dialogue, lighting, set, acting, and music joined in making a great show.
Saturday, Mom and my roommate brian head through a walking tour of union square, chinatown and little italy, stopping in the last for a bite. Pooped, we head back to the dorm, relax and then get pizza for dinner in the West Village.
Sunday included mom doing an art show by herself, hehe, and a return to chinatown for a cheap hairpiece for alli, and a walk through soho. Dinner at a fast food indian place, called Indian Bread Co.
Early this morning I saw mom to a cab. Slept another hour and got to the office to finish off a bunch of tapes. Inbetween (read: during) tapes I headed out for ice cream at the Chinatown ice cream factory, and worked on my story for class. Brian and I tried out the new dining hall that opened, (with a bigger selection of desserts). I wrote (read: tried to write) in W square for a bit. OK that about does it. Pics will follow tomorrow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home