Sunday, October 23, 2005

Last Night in NY

2005-06-10 23:24:31
well, as expected it went very fast. As expected, it was a terrific experience, and I'm glad that everything came together and thankful for the various rolls played by and encouragement/permissions given by my parents. Also Ben.

Wednesday Kirsty and I walked all the way to central park, and in it for a little ways. Eventually we found a roasted nuts cart for her to try some, and I tried some roasted (read: soaked in sugar) coconut. I intend to look into getting a cart and a permit for ann arbor when camp is over. Wednesday night Kirsty and I saw Phantom of the Opera. Lot of really cool stage effects, and a great idea story. Good show, but didnt quite come together for me, or have the emotional punch it could have had.

Thursday after I dragger K to the post office, we visited NY Milkshalk Co before getting her to Grand Central to leave for la guardia.

Tribeca Lab ended on an upnote. I finished all but a couple tapes, and David was excited at the idea of sending me a drive in the fall with some scenes to give me a chance to cut some of the movie. Having seen hours of footage and I have some perspective on the whole project. Being able to cut something, anything would be great. As is he said I will have a credit as assisstant editor, or some similar title. Which is cool.

RumuR ended on a down note. I was able to finish the administrative part of their website that will let them change info on it, add trailers and pictures etc. . but I couldn't get the main flash site done. It was too much to teach myself as I went along, with a class, internship and desire to leave the library. I will turn over what I have and hopefully get a friend from Couzens to finish up the flash.

While I am sad to leave, if I put away the usual sentimentality I am ready. The work and the city environment are both busy-ish, which is fun, but you have to temper yourself to life here a little. I could see myself coming back, certainly, but for now it will be nice to have a couple days without constantly worrying about getting hit by a cab. Probably couldn't see mysely living in manhattan for a lond period of time, at most a semester or two.

And of course, there is camp. Very excited for it, have a small list of ideas, and a couple fun items from around the city. I'm ready for the bird behind my back Jonah, bring it on. Specialty 05: "Slogan to be included here at a later date"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home