Life Lately
2005-06-02 17:59:08
Fast week. Hard to believe that already had to submit the first drafts of our screenplays today.
Somehow I have yet to see Dave Pilot since he left. Tuesday he let me take off because I finished what he wanted me to finish. I walked to T-Square, and I went all around looking into rush and SRO tickets and managed to get a cheap SRO to thursday night (tonight) for 700 Sundays, Billy Crystal.
Yesterday and this morning I have been in the office making copies (and writing screenplay/reading about flash a little too). It's tough because his scenes are all over different tapes. It's a good lesson in striping tapes and proper preproduction.
Class has been very little of Prof. Thompson talking, mostly students presenting. Last couple days were presenting our step-outline (list of what happens), and today we cast our scripts to people in the class (because we know everyone fairly well at this point) and sat back. I think my idea is decent, but is flawed in execution. It's not as funny as I'd like, got some laughs, but pretty moderate reaction.
The class has been terrific, I think it was very helpful and fun. It certainly was educational and if there wasn't such a time crunch I could maybe even apply a little of it. Prof T. is great, I like his actor's approach at writing and his exercises helped us get to know each other better. And everyone came out with a first draft and couple other initial ideas.
Have tried several cool food places this week. Couple days ago I had almond cookie ice cream at the Chinatown Ice cream factory that was great. I went back to the bakery where Mom/Brian/myself got bubble tea and got a mini cheesecake, peice of butter cream cake, and a rice roll for $2.45 . . . everything was just ok though. Today I had fries from Pommes Frites and a cookie dough shake from NY Milkshake Co. Healthy I know. Both great, PF offers lots of sauces, I had mango chutney and sweet chili. Will go back.
Couple days ago, I saw a shoot going on at 12th and University Pl and stopped cause I had time before meeting Brian and David for dinner. They were shooting 'the departed' and I got to see jack nicholson. Apparantly missed Matt Damon when I was getting a filafel sandwich, o well. I'd rather see Scorcese than him or DiCaprio.
Lots of excitement on the horizon. Making plans with Kirsty for her to visit for a couple days next week. It will be a ton of fun, and a lot of desserts I have a feeling. I also think about camp quite a bit, and have some decent ideas...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home