The move to hayden
2005-05-24 08:54:32
Much of Sunday/Monday was spent learning flash, but I did go down to Tribeca in the afternoons. Last night I met one of Dave Pilot's friends at another local, but larger production company, Rainlake. While Dave is out of town for a week, I will be working there. I went by, it seems like a good atmosphere and is only a few blocks from Tribeca Lab.
Sunday morning, nearly right at 9 I checked out of Brittany and moved to Hayden. It's slightly nicer, the shower is much nicer, and the location is pretty good. I found my roommate asleep when I got back that afternoon, but met him after his nap. His name is Brian, he's interning on Wall Street, and seems like a real nice guy. Of course, I still plan to call Dave and go to the dining hall with him when I can.
In class we've begun pitching our initial ideas and getting feedback from everyone, I havn't gone yet.
Of note that I didn't remember to write about last Thurs or Fri when it happened: On one walk back from Tribeca it occured to me that I it was possible to stay in New York. With the money and modest resume I have, It's possible to start jobs in some of these film groups or other jobs and find a cheap place to live. Not doing it, but it was weird to realize that it is possible. And it is possible.
So now that my parents are sufficiently shaken. .
There are some pics to the left of the new room in Hayden and the view. (the park is if I lean out and look right).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home