Sunday, October 23, 2005

On the Horizon

2005-05-15 19:59:59
Well, sorry about the decade since my last journal entry. . . We will see how long this lasts. I expect the Hopscotch Chronicles will mostly be a recap of the day's events, but will include other thoughts occasionally. I will include details that may seem obvious now but I feel might be interesting loking back.

I am currently on the plane to NYC for a month, taking a screenwriting class at NYU and doing an internship with one of three places: RumoR inc, Tribeca Lab, or funny cry Happy LLC. Which one it is will be decided over the next 24 hours.

The plan is to get in at La Guardia at about 8:30, take a bus to Grand Central and a taxi from there to Hayden Hall. I don't know yet how many room/suitemates I will have.

Of note outside of usual luggage, I have with me Undaunted Courage (the book on Lewis and Clark I must read prior to graduation, courtesy of my Uncle Tommy), my Final Cut Pro book (to review some of the details if i need to for my internship, for which I fear I won't be competent enough for off the back and will have to catch up quickly), my iPod, my laptop, a digital camera, and a notebook with a few notes about a potential plot for my screenwriting course, revolving around a library and the people that frequent it.

In general I am excited for the next few weeks, and camp after that, but nervous about the unknown factors of the internship and how making the most of a month in the city.
[Written 7:30am]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home