Thurs/Fri recap
2005-05-21 22:02:05
Both mornings I was at Tribeca at 9. Thursday we went to B&H, where David got a DV deck and some tapes. On the way we passed a film shoot, which a security guard told us through the cab window was the Sopranos. Friday we tried copying a tape, but had it in the wrong mode and it used the whole tape in 40 minutes. Well, it took two tries to figure it out and that was the time. Not a lot gets done in that room so far. . .
Thursday class we did a lot of improv, and Prof Thompson related them to writing. The idea is to give your characters a goal, let their character and the dialogue come form it. A writer can try to play both parts of the improv in their head. He had me as the shopkeeper that didn't want the customer to buy anything, and then in the reverse position. Later I had to give my Truth/Lies stories. I first said that a camper had switched my white conditioner and suntan lotion, which I then gave to several campers, whose skin dried so bad that they were in the clinic for 3 days. The second story was that I drank a frozen coke every day of high school except for 6. They then discussed and voted on which they thought was true. Obviously, the latter.
That night I saw SW:RotS with Eli, Josh, and David (roomate). Already wrote on that. Except I may have been to harsh. It was the best of the 3 prequels, and overall enjoyable to watch. I ended up going again friday, dont ask, with Theresa. I noticed some great things. Anakin and Padame's have a great scene where they are across the city and thinking of each other. Their best for sure (not to mention they dont say anything, thay may be why), if not one of the best in the movie. It gives a sense of the epic which I realized is the other major thing missing. Moments like announcing Padame is pregnant, naming Vader, were not emphasized and given the historical and epic nature they deserve. OK, done with this movie already!
Friday, Theresa and I had walked to Times Square to get tix for sat, but I had to go downtown to Meet Dave (another one) with RumuR. Took the subway all the way to Wall street. Positive meeting, nice guy. Couple potential one time editing jobs, like a demo reel, for them, and info on the site they want. Excited about these tasks, but want to talk to NYU internship person about looking at my options. There is some slight disappointment with the Tribeca job. Hopefully, will pick up. Walking around after the meeting I saw the WTC site, NYSE and lots of important people doing important things. Got pizza.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home