Sunday, October 23, 2005

Times Square and RENT

2005-05-21 22:02:47
I failed to wake up at 6 today to go uptown and wait for an SNL ticket. Whether it was me, or whether it was my alarm... lets not place blame. But I did get up around 7:30 and jogged a bit. I walked uptown to TKTS to get some tix to Rent for Theresa and myself. On the way I got a cinnamon scone at a tent that was part of some spring flower/harvest type event in Union Square. Couple fun street performers in the TKTS line, a steal drummer and a karaoke singer.

I walked back quickly (after a short stop in the Hershey store), and got a falafel sandwich for lunch. Same price and street, different restaurant than last sunday. Just as good. I called Theresa and asked if she wanted to go early because I read that Kelly Clarkson had a concert in Central Park today and I wanted to see if we could hear any of it. We took the subway up. A guy walked trough our car playing trumpet, and was very good.

There was no way the huge line would get inside in time for us to hear any of the concert. We were pressed to get to the theater as it was. Rent was great! Now I finally know what councler Laura was talking about way back in Pioneer. I was only mildly impressed at intermission, but it got great after that. Lots of good music, esp. electric guitar, powerful themes, and well performed. I wish I was able to pick up on more of what was being said in the messages, for example why emphasis on holidays? Some basic stuff was clear like carpe diem, and the idea of putting time in new contexts, "seasons of love" instead of the monthly rent. And aids helps puts time in prospective. Great show.

We found a Vietnamese place on 48th that was actually pretty good and reasonable. BBQ beef and a curry soup were delicious. I had maybe thought of seeing another show tonight, but I have plenty of time. We headed back, trudging the last 10 blocks or so in pouring rain...

I was suprised by an IM upon my return that Zach Borden was visiting Josh just a few floors above me. So it was nice to say hi to.

Well, to flash and story development -->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home