Lake Tahoe and Squaw Valley
Memorial weekend was a great one. After an intern barbeque Friday night, I found a car of people headed to X-men 3. I could nitpick, especially about the dialogue, but it was very entertaining.
Mid-Saturday I left with a couple of other guys that for a trip to lake tahoe, that had been organized through an email list. It didn't seem to take too long at all. Maybe 4 hours. After finding a place to stay in King's beach we had some time to walk along the water, including down a long dock that went out into the water. The views on the lake are just amazing.
We ate at a small burger-bar place, The Bridgetender. My chili burger was one of the best burgers I've ever had.
We got to Squaw Valley just about when rentals opened. I skiied, and the other guys snowboarded, until the slopes closed at 3. Though I'm not as intermediate as I remember :), I managed to get through unharmed. It was pretty warm, (except on the lifts), but I thought the conditions were pretty good. It's certainly a much bigger mountain than I've been on before. We had lunch at a barbeque stand by the pool and live band they had at 8000 feet. I hope I'll get the chance to take a couple more weekend trips this summer. This one was terrific.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home