Sunday, May 14, 2006

Santana Row farmer's market

Having read that Santana row has a sunday farmer's market, I rode back there today. My butt is now sufficiently sore.
(not my pic)

I got a tamale and roasted corn ear for lunch, and some oranges for snacks. Unfortunately, when I put the oranges in my backpack I didn't remember that sunscreen I purchased earlier was on the bottom. The result was a good example of the kind of perks that come with being me. As I've been into kettle korn lately, I was watched a k.c. vendor make a few batches from behind the stand. They have no tricks, as far as I can tell, just a machine that is large and dumps well. Note that he let the oil get hot before putting the kernels in, and there is only enough sugar to give it a sweet taste but not carmelize at all. I also did some actual grocery shopping at PW market and tried out the pool. This brings me to my first lesson learned this summer:

Farmer's markets do not necessarily have cheaper produce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home