Y!
I have so much to catch up on. Yesterday I was truly lucky to have the opportunity to hear Bill Scott speak AND talk with him afterwards. He is behind the Yahoo Pattern Library . Patterns themselves are a really cool idea: It's the idea that common solutions to common problems can be broken in individual building blocks, each one a pattern. They are well defined and become a basis for that field's terminology. The paradigm comes from Urban Planning:A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander, a book I very much want to read for a few reasons. It ain't cheap.
Web 2.0, is a collective term for several new trends on the web. It's kind of like the new "bubble" , and it comes with a philosophy, which I buy into. Check out Techcrunch to learn more. Anyways, Yahoo is arguably near the center of the wave, with their flickr and del.ico.us properties. Futhermore, the Flickerization of Yahoo refers to adoption of the mindset that says that the collective power of people can and will compete with Google's raw algorithmic power. What a chance to get to hear Bill speak on the subject. Plus they had starbucks and bagels for those who showed up :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home