Saturday, July 22, 2006

Intern trip to San Francisco

Lack of sleep had kind of left me a little under the weather at the end of this week, and I had a headache going into the day trip. Despite that, I had a great time. Two buses of interns headed to SF around 9:30. The first stop was the bridge, which we walked across and back. It's hard to find a more picturesque location for a bridge, it would seem.
IMG_0134.JPG

The next stop was pier 39, but the group I was with decided it was a bit touristy so we walked over to Ghiradelli Square (much less touristy!). But in any event we had some chocolate samples and excellent ice cream. Myself, I got this ice cream soda:
IMG_0138.JPG

We did some meandering in the area, and on the way back stopped into a gourmet and specialty type grocery. Any place that puts out samples of interesting dips or spreads ranks pretty highly with me. Banks and doctors offices should try that. Wouldn't it be more fun to go make a deposit if you got a snack of pretzels and fig dip stuff? I got this esspresso drink as research for my future beverage/popcorn/ice cream/pancake shop:
IMG_0142.JPG

Finally we stopped near little italy. They brought in tons and tons of mexican food, though a little late. It had been at least half an hour since the ice cream, so I went with a group going to get gelato. This place in Little italy was amazing. I tried three flavors, all of which were great and finally settled with watermelon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home