Saturday, July 22, 2006

Noche de la Honkytonk Badunkadunk

It's possible I was born at the wrong latitute. Or maybe longitude, whichever is North/South.

The only two other country fans interning this summer, one of their friends, and I really enjoyed the concert at Mountain View's shorline ampitheater. Apparantly it was the largest crowd they've ever had there. Northern californians need their rascal. Infact there were so many people we couldn't actually see the band from our lawn seats.
IMG_0159.JPG
But there was a lot of light and noise, so I assume they were down there. That's kind of how it was when I saw them at the Jackson country fair.
IMG_0167.JPG

They played a lot of stuff from the new album, released since the last concert, although they didn't play 'Stand'. Best of all they played Life is a Highway, (which they recorded for the Cars soundtrack), during their encore. I had been hoping for it the whole time so that was terrific. They've always come back out for a couple songs at the end, each of the three times I've seen them. So maybe its not really an encore, they just like making us work for it! I wouldn't be too surprised if John Lasseter was there, considering the movie connection he might like them (and would definetly have free front row tickets).

I wish Carrie and Alli could have been there! Maybe next time they come to Michigan.
IMG_0170.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home